Sunday, December 2, 2007

Mike Gravel

Who? Former Sen. Mike Gravel (D-AK)

Musician supporters: n/a

What I assume is on his personal music player: Hard to figure. I can see Gravel listening to Glenn Miller, and I can see Gravel listening to Frank Zappa.

On the Record: Mike has targeted the gamer vote through his commercials, and was the first candidate to hit Second Life.

One person thinks of "F--- tha Police" when they hear the phrase "I support Mike Gravel for President".

Most importantly, Gravel has entered the world of spoken word mash-up. He is the closest thing that this campaign has to Gil Scott-Herron:




Will Mike answer my question "What music are you currently listening to?": Mike has a unique spot on his website, where he asks people to submit questions, and then he will answer the question on his weekly YouTube post. Pretty cool idea. Interestingly, Gravel lays out, thaqt he will treat any kind of threat or disparaging remark seriously, and that he has yer IP address, so don't even think about it.

I did submit the question, but as I haven't seen too much recent activity, I suspect i won;t get an answer. I will keep you tuned in, should that change.

No comments: