Sunday, December 30, 2007

Fred Thompson

Who?: Sen. Fred Thompson (R-TN)

Musician supporters: Thompson is big with the Nashville crowd. John Rich of Big & Rich is a vocal supporter. Gretchen Wilson & Cowboy Troy have also showed up at Thompson events.
Lorrie Morgan dated Fred, and is still a supporter.

Musician relatives: Garlinggauge.com passes along this fact that Fred Thompson is related to Elvis Presley. (Elvis of course is a Duncan Hunter man.)

What I assume is on his personal music player: I don't really picture Thompson listening to any music, but then again, I can see him owning a George Jones CD or twelve.

On the Record:

More than any other candidate, Thompson is introduced a policy that we here fully can get behind. If elected, there will be more Johnny Cash.

Fred is the inspiration behind the not half-bad "I've got a crush on Fred Thompson's politics".

Will Fred answer my question "What music are you currently listening to?": Fred has a down-to-earth vibe, so I was hoping for something, but I never heard back from his camp. Well, we know Fred doesn't do silliness like doing a show of hands, so it's possible he doesn't do silly things like answer e-mails from his constituents, either.

No comments: