Sunday, December 2, 2007

John Cox

Who? John Cox, Illinois Businessman

Musician supporters: n/a

What I assume is on his personal music player: They don't get much more Conserative than Cox, so i would expect the music to be the same. Then again, he might surprise, he is the only candidate I know of, sporting a photoshopped Rocky-style poster on his website.

On the Record: Probably the biggest and oddest moment of the Cox campaign was the release of his music video "We Need Someone to Keep the Oath He Swore". It was a tribute (parody?) of Led Zep's "Immigrant Song" (get it?).

Candidate most likely to have Kingdom Come play his inagural ball.

Will John answer my question: I figured if anyone was going to give me a personal e-mail answer, it would be Cox. He got 41 votes in the Ames Straw Poll, which is about 20 more people than were at a party I was at the last time I was in Ames.

I wasn't going to bust John's chops, but I haven't received an answer, so he goes into the "No endorsement" pile. I figure he's not too busy to answer my question.

In his defense, it sounds like Cox may no longer be actively running for President.

No comments: