Sunday, January 6, 2008

Presidential Groove: Hillary Clinton

Who?: Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY)

Musician supporters: The Clinton family should know the power of music more than most. Who can think of the 1992 election and not picture Fleetwood Mac performing "Don't Stop Thinking about tomorrow".

Hillary supporters include: Madonna, Janet Jackson, Katherine McPhee, Melissa Ethrdige, Gail Zappa (Frank's widow), Merle Haggard, Babyface, Barbra Streisand, Barry Manilow (listed in Wikipedia, although I have also seen him listed as a Biden and a Ron Paul supporter), Quincy Jones, Clarence Avant, Berry Gordy, Carole King, Carly Simon, and 50 Cent.

That's a guest list any awards show would be envious of.


On the Record: Hillary has inspired Merle Haggard to write a song about her and lament "Why don't we put a woman in charge".

Hillary's YouTube supporters have a counterpoint to 'Obama Girl' with 'Hott4Hil'.

On her myspace, Hillary says her last music purchase was Carly Simon's Into White.

Hillary famously had her campaign song picked by voters on her website. "You and I" by Celine Dion won. Other options that were on her shortlist, but did not win were: KT Tunstall "Suddenly I see", SmashMouth "I'm a Believer", U2- "City of Blinding Lights" and "Beautiful Day", The Temptations- "Get Ready", Jesus Jones- "Right Here, Right Now", Dixie Chicks - "Ready to Run", Shania Twain - "Rock this Country", and the Staples Singers "I'll Take You There".

Will Hillary answer my question "What music are you currently listening to?": Want a quick answer to why Edwards took second in Iowa? I got a personal answer from the Edwards camp, and the Hillary camp sent an automated e-mail. The e-mail is addressed "Dear Friend" and states "Thank you for your message. I have received thousands of emails from people all over the country. Your comments are very important to me and I am excited that so many people are joining our conversation about how to change the direction of the country. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of comments, I am unable to respond to each email individually." beroe addressing ways that you can contribute to her campaign.

No comments: