Monday, November 26, 2007

Chris Dodd

It was Chris Dodd who helped inspire this project. He had a section on his website in which he asked people to send in their iPod selections

I have to give a respect to anyone who would take up my suggestions to listen to Hank Williams III, Gogol Bordello and the Kronos Quartet (assuming he would). Think of the possibilites. Wonkette has.

Sadly, I don't see that on his website anymore. Although if you know to look for it, it's there.

I did see him when he appeared in my home town, and I asked him what he had been listening to.

The following is not an exact transcript, but is as very close as possible to his word-by-word answer.

"Someone just sent me some Pearl Jam.... Paul Simon is a good friend. I listen to alot of Paul Simon.... I'm probably dating myself here.... That guy from Massachusetts...umm (thinking)....James Taylor.... Also, Bono is a friend of mine."

I give Sen. Dodd credit for being a good sport and answering. I don't know if I tipped my hand by being there. If it wasn't a 30-something asking the quetion, would he have said Bono and Pearl Jam. We have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

No comments: